Schedule a DOT Physical with Vital Urgent Care – the Premier Medical Clinic in the Newport Beach, CA, Area
Commercial vehicle drivers requiring a DOT physical to maintain their DOT medical certificate and CDL can receive their examination at Vital Urgent Care. We proudly perform comprehensive DOT physicals and strive to make the process as stress-free as possible for visitors at our facility in Newport Beach, California.
Here at Vital Urgent Care, we understand that DOT physical examinations can be stressful, which is why we want to provide you with as much information as possible to help you adequately prepare for your examination. Be sure to bring along your most recent medical exam card, glasses if applicable, and a current list of medications. Additionally, when you visit our Newport Beach facility, you can expect our doctors to examine the following during your DOT physical visit:
- Hearing – Drivers must be able to hear a “forced whisper” at a distance of five feet or less without the help of a hearing aid.
- Vision – We test to ensure that commercial vehicle drivers have at least 20/40 vision.
- Physical appearance – Our doctors will examine your physical appearance and condition covering a number of key categories, including lung performance, extremity limitations, and spinal or neurological issues, among others.
- Urinalysis – This test is strictly to detect for underlying medical conditions such as diabetes.
- Blood pressure and pulse rate – We’ll check for high blood pressure and any irregular heartbeats.
To ensure that your DOT physical is convenient for you, feel free to schedule your appointment ahead of time using our online ZipPASS check-in system. You’ll be able to select an available time and date that works best with your schedule.
For more information about receiving a DOT physical from the medical professionals at Vital Urgent Care, contact us today. Our facility in Newport Beach, CA, is open 8am-8pm Monday through Friday and on weekends from 9am-5pm.