Receive a DOT Physical in Costa Mesa, CA, from the Medical Professionals at Vital Urgent Care
Here at Vital Urgent Care, we make receiving your DOT physical as effortless and simple as possible. If you’re a commercial vehicle driver in the Costa Mesa, California, area and require one of these exams, we encourage you to schedule an appointment with our Yale-trained and Board-Certified physicians. Our medical professionals can perform all of the necessary examinations and tests you need in order to receive your updated Department of Transportation medical certificate.
When you visit our state-of-the-art medical facility near Costa Mesa, CA for your DOT physical, you can expect a number of tests to determine whether or not you are eligible to operate a commercial motor vehicle. During your DOT physical, our doctors will make sure that you:
- Are able to hear “a forced whisper” at a distance of five feet or less without a hearing aid
- Have at least 40/20 vision to ensure your safety, as well as the safety of other motorists on the road
- Pass a general physical appearance and function exam, including arm or leg limitations, lung performance, and spine or neurological performance, among other things
- Have a regular heartbeat and healthy blood pressure
- Take a diagnostic urinalysis that checks for any underlying medical conditions, such as diabetes or kidney disease
Furthermore, at Vital Urgent Care, we understand that these tests may be stressful for you, which is why we do everything we can to make sure your DOT physical is as stress free as possible. For example, we have a clean and comfortable waiting room that has a water cooler, free Wi-Fi, and updated reading materials that you can enjoy while you wait for your appointment.
To learn more about what to expect during your DOT Physical at our medical facility near Costa Mesa, CA, contact Vital Urgent Care today.